Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: LIRC && Knoppix...

  1. #1

    LIRC && Knoppix...

    Hi all
    I'm new with linux, so I decided to use Knoppix. I did a HD-install, and everything works fine. But now I want to add LIRC to Knoppix. But I can't find a step-by-step guide how to do this and configure it on my Knoppix. Is there somebody who already did this and wants to help me? I'm using knoppix 3.2

    Thanks in advance,
    Wouter

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Knoppix Linux is based on Debian GNU/Linux which uses a package manager called apt to install software. You can always compile and install software from source but apt is much easier. There is a .deb for LIRC in the database so- if you've done apt-get update (as root of course) then all you *should* need to do is apt-get install lirc. There is alot of information here about apt-get.

Similar Threads

  1. lirc
    By kurtmagnus in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
  2. knoppix 3.4 (kernel 2.6.5) + lirc
    By Frost in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:06 PM
  3. how about adding LIRC supported ?
    By faiz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
  4. Load lirc at startup ?
    By Chello in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2003, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00