-
LIRC && Knoppix...
Hi all
I'm new with linux, so I decided to use Knoppix. I did a HD-install, and everything works fine. But now I want to add LIRC to Knoppix. But I can't find a step-by-step guide how to do this and configure it on my Knoppix. Is there somebody who already did this and wants to help me? I'm using knoppix 3.2
Thanks in advance,
Wouter
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix Linux is based on Debian GNU/Linux which uses a package manager called apt to install software. You can always compile and install software from source but apt is much easier. There is a .deb for LIRC in the database so- if you've done apt-get update (as root of course) then all you *should* need to do is apt-get install lirc. There is alot of information here about apt-get.
Similar Threads
-
By kurtmagnus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
-
By Frost in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:06 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By Chello in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$295.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30