-
Senior Member
registered user
I wish I could make a ext2 or ext3 partition... I just can't right now (the computer I'm trying to intall linux into isn't exactly mine)
I can't take windows anymore so I'll take linux any way I can have (even if it is as umsdos)
Trust me - you don't want to use UMSDOS. I've done it with Phat Linux and with Slack. There were problems.
- 1. Many (large) applications wouldn't run.
- 2. Those that did often ran very slowly.
- 3. When it crashed (and it will crash), it caused major problems with the hard disk. I had to run Scandisk 3 times after one crash to get it all sorted out. The FAT and FAT32 filesystems just weren't made for symlinks.
- 4. You won't be able to see LFN's on the FAT partition you're running it from, only 8.3 ones (if that's important to you).
If the computer you're using isn't yours, you could take out the hard drive, buy another one, and put Linux on it. Before you give the computer back, replace the hdd you bought with the original.
Similar Threads
-
By koukos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Cordless Air Duster Vacuum 3 in 1 110000RPM 14500pa HEPA Handheld Keyboard
$63.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99