-
Won't Boot
My friend and I both have Laptops from AJP (www.ajp.co.uk)
His is the AJP 8880E and mine is the D480W
He downloaded Knoppix 3.3 because he needed to get into a folder he locked himself out of (don't ask) in NTFS and that worked fine.
The spec on my laptop is very similar to his:
- same processor
- same graphics card
- similar sound
- different LCD screen
But on mine whenever I try to boot Knoppix the screen goes blank and there is no CD activity. No even the penguin at the top of the screen 
Is there anything I can try? Any BIOS settings or cheatcodes I should specifically try? Or is it hopeless? I'm a complete linux novice BTW if you hadn't noticed.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ
$699.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99