-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Hi! my first post here
I own a Clevo D470v (bought in Portugal) and it came with a Knoppix 3.3 CD and it boots fine.
The only problem I have is not being able to setup the screen resolution to 1400x900.
I've tried fb1400x900 and screen=1400x900. desktop=icewm is not working either, though it's there in the knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
If you need it, I can upload the configs files so you ppl can boot.
(not the whole cd iso, sorry)
How can I screen@1400x900???
Anybody, any clue?
-
Hi
I have been running linux on my Clevo D470V for a few months now. I am running Debian Sid, not Knoppix, so I hope you guys dont run me outa town for being too off topic. I just wanted to share what I think I know with you guys.
The boot problem: I got around this by enabling hyperthreading in the bios. Do not ask me why this works, but it definitly does. With this enabled, the box boots 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, smp or not, with no problems.
If you want to run X (I am sure that most do) you need a 2.6.5 or later kernel, or an earlier 2.6 kernel that you have patched for the agp glitch with this board.
Xfree86 4.3 (I assume that is what is in the latest knop) apparently does not support the radon 9600 directly, so I used the driver from ATI's site. Yes, its an evil closed source kernel module, Im sorry but I could not get anything else to work. ATI only supplies rpm's so I used Debian's tools to convert it to a deb.
I got X to find its good resoultion by asking it to do a resolution too high for it to do. This got the video bios to supply the manufacturer's recommended modeline to Xfree.
I had some trouble getting Xfree to recognize the touchpad with 2.6 kernels. Loading usb modules at boot seemed to fix that. Again, dont ask me why this works.
Hope this is at least a little helpful
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 800 Vintage Home Computer Console System with Keyboard
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29