Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: IBM Netvista X problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    IBM Netvista X problem

    Kind of a Newbie Question. I am able to boot Knoppix (luvin it) and although I am fine with the command line I am too new to get things rollin without a x window environment. Problem is that KDE starts to load automatically and after the splash screen for kde shows up it reverts back to a blank screen after the config step (2nd icon). So I cntl-alt-bksp out of it and there are no error messages. What gives ?

    if there are no errors what am I to think ? Now when knoppix boots in the beginning there are c-loop errors, is this related? I did the md5 thing and got a green icon (assuming the file iso is fine).

    Help......

    Knoppix is totally new to me, though I run suse at home exclusively and I'm still on a learning curve with linux.

    me

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    Try a lower resolution.
    knoppix screen=800x600
    or
    knoppix screen=640x480

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    KDE and X problem status update........

    Well, I'll try changing the resolution when I have a chance. I unfortunately am at work and we are forced to use the same configuration as our customer so I have to reboot every time I try this. One more concern, one of my buddies here at work came over and told me he thinks my problem is that either the iso image or cd is bad because there are so many errors referencing files etc., and cloop errors at boot.

    I'm wondering if I should just purchase the cd and have it shipped or would I be wasting money ???

    Glad there is a forum to shout out to......thanks folks....and thank you stonent for helping....I'm gunna try in moment.....

    Ditto

Similar Threads

  1. IBM NetVista 8307 (-41U) and 1024x768 video (HOWTO, i810)
    By cvig in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
  2. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  3. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13

$79.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99