Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to get Online

  1. #1
    Firstimer
    Guest

    How to get Online

    First timer evaluating here...

    I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    if your network is DHCP it should work already.. however,
    if you go to K MENU ( bottom left ) to ->KNOPPIX -> CONFIGURE NETWORK

    you should be away...

  3. #3
    Firstimer
    Guest
    It's a DHCP network, alright. Still, I can't get out. Is there somewhere in "Configure Network" that I should add the IP address of the Gateway, and the ISP's DNS server addresses?

    Sorry for the lack of understanding, but I'm in the learning mode here...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    in the configure network program you should see a list including you ethernet adapter, you choose that then go on to set the ip address, gateway etc.

    If your card isn't listed you may have an unsupported card, so you should post the card type, and if you launch a shell/terminal/konsole and type "lspci -v" and post the output here.
    also if it's a Card ethernet card, or built in one. type of laptop etc.

  5. #5
    zz
    Guest

    netcardconfig

    I think there is a knoppix command netcardconfig. I must be knoppix becasue it looks like part of the knx-hdinstall script.

  6. #6
    Rob
    Guest

    Network Configuration

    Hey zz, that is the command that is needed. THANKS.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1
    Well I guess I don't get it. I used the netcardconfig command, got a dialog asking if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I answered yes, and was returned to the prompt. I just can't seem to find where I enter the gateway info.


    Jeff

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8
    I had the same problem.

    What I did was when it asks you for if you want to DHCP broadcast, say no. It'll then go to following screens asking you for IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc.

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. No Sound when Online
    By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Problem going online...
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. getting online with Direcway 2-way sys..
    By jeffy39 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Newbie wants to get online
    By ephermeran in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Getting online..
    By oc in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$600.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams picture

Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams

$95.99