Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to get Online

  1. #1
    Firstimer
    Guest

    How to get Online

    First timer evaluating here...

    I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    if your network is DHCP it should work already.. however,
    if you go to K MENU ( bottom left ) to ->KNOPPIX -> CONFIGURE NETWORK

    you should be away...

  3. #3
    Firstimer
    Guest
    It's a DHCP network, alright. Still, I can't get out. Is there somewhere in "Configure Network" that I should add the IP address of the Gateway, and the ISP's DNS server addresses?

    Sorry for the lack of understanding, but I'm in the learning mode here...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    in the configure network program you should see a list including you ethernet adapter, you choose that then go on to set the ip address, gateway etc.

    If your card isn't listed you may have an unsupported card, so you should post the card type, and if you launch a shell/terminal/konsole and type "lspci -v" and post the output here.
    also if it's a Card ethernet card, or built in one. type of laptop etc.

  5. #5
    zz
    Guest

    netcardconfig

    I think there is a knoppix command netcardconfig. I must be knoppix becasue it looks like part of the knx-hdinstall script.

  6. #6
    Rob
    Guest

    Network Configuration

    Hey zz, that is the command that is needed. THANKS.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1
    Well I guess I don't get it. I used the netcardconfig command, got a dialog asking if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I answered yes, and was returned to the prompt. I just can't seem to find where I enter the gateway info.


    Jeff

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8
    I had the same problem.

    What I did was when it asks you for if you want to DHCP broadcast, say no. It'll then go to following screens asking you for IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc.

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. No Sound when Online
    By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Problem going online...
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. getting online with Direcway 2-way sys..
    By jeffy39 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Newbie wants to get online
    By ephermeran in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Getting online..
    By oc in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7 picture

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7

$69.59



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99