First timer evaluating here...
I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.
Thanks.
Jeff
First timer evaluating here...
I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.
Thanks.
Jeff
if your network is DHCP it should work already.. however,
if you go to K MENU ( bottom left ) to ->KNOPPIX -> CONFIGURE NETWORK
you should be away...
It's a DHCP network, alright. Still, I can't get out. Is there somewhere in "Configure Network" that I should add the IP address of the Gateway, and the ISP's DNS server addresses?
Sorry for the lack of understanding, but I'm in the learning mode here...
in the configure network program you should see a list including you ethernet adapter, you choose that then go on to set the ip address, gateway etc.
If your card isn't listed you may have an unsupported card, so you should post the card type, and if you launch a shell/terminal/konsole and type "lspci -v" and post the output here.
also if it's a Card ethernet card, or built in one. type of laptop etc.
I think there is a knoppix command netcardconfig. I must be knoppix becasue it looks like part of the knx-hdinstall script.
Hey zz, that is the command that is needed. THANKS.
Rob
Well I guess I don't get it. I used the netcardconfig command, got a dialog asking if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I answered yes, and was returned to the prompt. I just can't seem to find where I enter the gateway info.
Jeff
I had the same problem.
What I did was when it asks you for if you want to DHCP broadcast, say no. It'll then go to following screens asking you for IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc.
Hope this helps.

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus, 52-core, 512GB RAM, SSDs, NVIDIA A40 AI GPU
$26000.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00