Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to get Online

  1. #1
    Firstimer
    Guest

    How to get Online

    First timer evaluating here...

    I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    if your network is DHCP it should work already.. however,
    if you go to K MENU ( bottom left ) to ->KNOPPIX -> CONFIGURE NETWORK

    you should be away...

  3. #3
    Firstimer
    Guest
    It's a DHCP network, alright. Still, I can't get out. Is there somewhere in "Configure Network" that I should add the IP address of the Gateway, and the ISP's DNS server addresses?

    Sorry for the lack of understanding, but I'm in the learning mode here...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    in the configure network program you should see a list including you ethernet adapter, you choose that then go on to set the ip address, gateway etc.

    If your card isn't listed you may have an unsupported card, so you should post the card type, and if you launch a shell/terminal/konsole and type "lspci -v" and post the output here.
    also if it's a Card ethernet card, or built in one. type of laptop etc.

  5. #5
    zz
    Guest

    netcardconfig

    I think there is a knoppix command netcardconfig. I must be knoppix becasue it looks like part of the knx-hdinstall script.

  6. #6
    Rob
    Guest

    Network Configuration

    Hey zz, that is the command that is needed. THANKS.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1
    Well I guess I don't get it. I used the netcardconfig command, got a dialog asking if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I answered yes, and was returned to the prompt. I just can't seem to find where I enter the gateway info.


    Jeff

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8
    I had the same problem.

    What I did was when it asks you for if you want to DHCP broadcast, say no. It'll then go to following screens asking you for IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc.

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. No Sound when Online
    By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Problem going online...
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. getting online with Direcway 2-way sys..
    By jeffy39 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Newbie wants to get online
    By ephermeran in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Getting online..
    By oc in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



SEAGATE EXOS 4TB 7.2K 12Gb/s 3.5

SEAGATE EXOS 4TB 7.2K 12Gb/s 3.5" 128MB Cach SAS ST4000NM0125 HDD hard drive

$59.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00