Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to get Online

  1. #1
    Firstimer
    Guest

    How to get Online

    First timer evaluating here...

    I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    if your network is DHCP it should work already.. however,
    if you go to K MENU ( bottom left ) to ->KNOPPIX -> CONFIGURE NETWORK

    you should be away...

  3. #3
    Firstimer
    Guest
    It's a DHCP network, alright. Still, I can't get out. Is there somewhere in "Configure Network" that I should add the IP address of the Gateway, and the ISP's DNS server addresses?

    Sorry for the lack of understanding, but I'm in the learning mode here...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    in the configure network program you should see a list including you ethernet adapter, you choose that then go on to set the ip address, gateway etc.

    If your card isn't listed you may have an unsupported card, so you should post the card type, and if you launch a shell/terminal/konsole and type "lspci -v" and post the output here.
    also if it's a Card ethernet card, or built in one. type of laptop etc.

  5. #5
    zz
    Guest

    netcardconfig

    I think there is a knoppix command netcardconfig. I must be knoppix becasue it looks like part of the knx-hdinstall script.

  6. #6
    Rob
    Guest

    Network Configuration

    Hey zz, that is the command that is needed. THANKS.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1
    Well I guess I don't get it. I used the netcardconfig command, got a dialog asking if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I answered yes, and was returned to the prompt. I just can't seem to find where I enter the gateway info.


    Jeff

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8
    I had the same problem.

    What I did was when it asks you for if you want to DHCP broadcast, say no. It'll then go to following screens asking you for IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc.

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. No Sound when Online
    By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Problem going online...
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. getting online with Direcway 2-way sys..
    By jeffy39 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Newbie wants to get online
    By ephermeran in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Getting online..
    By oc in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microsoft Windows 95 OEM 3.5

Microsoft Windows 95 OEM 3.5" Floppy Disk Set w/ COA Manual Vintage PC

$200.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



WINDOWS Microsoft

WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181

$27.97



Vintage Samsonite Exec Briefcase Classic 70's Style Combo Lock. OMEGA picture

Vintage Samsonite Exec Briefcase Classic 70's Style Combo Lock. OMEGA

$34.99



Vintage Tandy 1000

Vintage Tandy 1000 "Personal Computer"Keyboard

$75.00



Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10 picture

Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10

$350.00



ISA Video Card, Tseng Labs ET4000AX, 1MB (8931 REV B) Vintage, Working picture

ISA Video Card, Tseng Labs ET4000AX, 1MB (8931 REV B) Vintage, Working

$74.99



RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller picture

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller

$35.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$389.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz Nvidia 4GB Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50+ Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz Nvidia 4GB Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50+ Games

$449.00