Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to get Online

  1. #1
    Firstimer
    Guest

    How to get Online

    First timer evaluating here...

    I've booted fine on a laptop here at work. Wondering how I configure to find our router to get out to the Internet.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    if your network is DHCP it should work already.. however,
    if you go to K MENU ( bottom left ) to ->KNOPPIX -> CONFIGURE NETWORK

    you should be away...

  3. #3
    Firstimer
    Guest
    It's a DHCP network, alright. Still, I can't get out. Is there somewhere in "Configure Network" that I should add the IP address of the Gateway, and the ISP's DNS server addresses?

    Sorry for the lack of understanding, but I'm in the learning mode here...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    in the configure network program you should see a list including you ethernet adapter, you choose that then go on to set the ip address, gateway etc.

    If your card isn't listed you may have an unsupported card, so you should post the card type, and if you launch a shell/terminal/konsole and type "lspci -v" and post the output here.
    also if it's a Card ethernet card, or built in one. type of laptop etc.

  5. #5
    zz
    Guest

    netcardconfig

    I think there is a knoppix command netcardconfig. I must be knoppix becasue it looks like part of the knx-hdinstall script.

  6. #6
    Rob
    Guest

    Network Configuration

    Hey zz, that is the command that is needed. THANKS.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1
    Well I guess I don't get it. I used the netcardconfig command, got a dialog asking if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I answered yes, and was returned to the prompt. I just can't seem to find where I enter the gateway info.


    Jeff

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8
    I had the same problem.

    What I did was when it asks you for if you want to DHCP broadcast, say no. It'll then go to following screens asking you for IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc.

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. No Sound when Online
    By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Problem going online...
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. getting online with Direcway 2-way sys..
    By jeffy39 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Newbie wants to get online
    By ephermeran in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Getting online..
    By oc in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer picture

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer

$72.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box picture

Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box

$80.00



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29