look into knoppix live-cd
rawrite A: boot.img
Where can I get a floppy boot disk? I have an old comp that I want to install linux on, and it does not boot from cd. So do i have to get a specific boot disk for everhy distro that I have (i've got like 6...), or can I get a generic one?
And the next question also needs to be asked... Where can I get one???
look into knoppix live-cd
rawrite A: boot.img
Knoppix live-cd ain't going to work if it doesn't boot from cd.
Can you enter the BIOS setup during the boot up process when the turn the machine on, you could perhaps be able to change the order in which it looks for devices to boot from and bring the cd to the top of the list...
If that doesn't work take a look at something like http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst - that should do the trick!
Nevertheless you can use it to create a bootable floppy:Originally Posted by todsr1
- Boot with Windows and have a look onto the CD. In the folder KNOPPIX there's a batch file named mkfloppy.bat (or similar).
- Put a floppy into the drive.
- Start the batch file by double-clicking on it.
- Follow the (easy) instructions.
- Finished! Now you have a working boot disk.
Make sure that your floppy is at first position in the BIOS boot order.
www.bootdisk.com
Get one of the win9x versions without the ramdrive crap. It'll boot up and give you CDROM access so you can then install linux (or whatever) off CD.

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99