-
Problem with Running Programs in 3.3
My harddrive broke on me yesterday, so I downloaded Knoppix to use until I got my new harddrive. I believe I downloaded the English 3.3 09-24-03 version. I have been having major problems with loading certain programs. Sometimes it goes and comes, but certain programs I haven't gotten to load yet (particularly Gaim). When I try to open certain programs, the bar will appear in the taskbar and the mouse will have the icon designating its loading, but after a while it will just stop trying. I am at college and I really need use of my computer if only for Mozilla (which I am using now and doesn't seem to have any problems) and Gaim (dead). What could be causing this? Bad download? Bad burn? Bad CD? I've already redownloaded it and am going to try to burn it soon. Any help is greatly appreciate.
Thanks,
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By BlueGirl in forum Klik
Replies: 29
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By method in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
-
By computerman0216 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:35 AM
-
By brainlessdumb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00