Why not just use javac? See how I do it:
http://calcpage.tripod.com/cs.htm
Regards,
Anyone had luck getting the free Jbuilder9 Personal to install?
Why not just use javac? See how I do it:
http://calcpage.tripod.com/cs.htm
Regards,
I've gotten it to work once... I had to use dpkg to install an old version of glibc.... I don't remember exactly now.
A gpl version of the jre and the jdk are already implemented on the KNOPPIX CD. Even awt.* and applet.* - what isn't yet complete is javax.swing.* but you can download a jar file from my ftpsite for that.
The file you need is called JarFile.zip and you can get it from
ftp.baldwinschools.net/calcpage/apcs
When you get the zip file, just extract it and you get a file called swingall.jar that you can add to your compile line.
Good Luck,
Thanks for the info. In the interim I discovered that JavaBeans 3.5.1 installs quite nicely. The install handles all the settings so you do not need to fumble around getting symbolic links and such to work.
Worth a look.
OK, that's great if it works for you. But, please note, that I've installed nothing as I'm working off the CD!
Regards,
Just install
Jbuilder uses it's own sdk (sun) an this needs the above library - and it works. So this problem appears with ALL swing applications bundled with this java version and manufactor. The apt-get command sets also the approprate link in /usr/lib.Code:apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
...AND fixed one other Problem in Debian, which you can use for every java-environment (f.e. the "jikes" compiler).
How to add anew jdk / sdk ...
Under Debian (as root !), you can switch the default java-version via
To add a new alternative, you have to use the optionCode:update-alternatives --config java
For my use, i wrote a little script, that does this job:Code:update-alternatives --install <link> <name> <path> <priority>
ByeCode:update-alternatives \ --install \ /usr/bin/javac javac /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/bin/javac 500 \ --slave \ /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/javac.1 javac.1 /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/javac.1 update-alternatives \ --install \ /usr/bin/java java /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/bin/java 500 \ --slave \ /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/java.1 java.1 /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/java.1
Axel

Chicony KB-5181 DIN Vintage Computer Keyboard Untested
$50.00
🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$216.30
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
Vintage Texas Instruments TI 99/4A Home Computer System In Box
$150.00
Vintage Toshiba CRT Light Pen Stylus 3.5mm Computer Input Device NOS
$120.89
Vintage Sun UltraSPARC III 750MHz + UltraSPARC II 400MHz CPU Lot Ceramic Gold
$34.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage IBM ThinkPad External USB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive with OEM IBM Case NC
$24.95
External CD-RW Drive Unit Vintage SCSI Lacie Qualcomm Hard Drive
$159.99
Vintage Commodore 64 Big Box Game Boxes Manuals Enchanter Dragon Riders Of Pern
$189.99