-
well I just want to drop in this followup, since things turned out successfully and wanted to complete this thread.
I reinstalled Knoppix, and I feel I have sorted out the package management problems. The silver bullet to apt-get appears to be the "apt-get upgrade -f" I have tried umteen ways to fix a bad/broken install but this is the one that seems to always work
Whenever I had incomplete installs and issues with apt-get installs I just run "apt-get upgrade -f" over and over until things are fixed and installs have all gone in fine (3 times was the most I have had to use it)
Also, I liked the idea of medialinux and so I did a "dpkg -l" before I blew it away and I went through it and installing all the multimedia apps.
So I have finally settled into the land of Debian (by the way, my real test came when I reviewed the software list for SuSE 9.0 and realized I had most of it and more. There was no urge to cough up $125.00 CAN to get it) I have a great system that is up-to-date and just humming like a charm -- and it's free
Thanks to the people of Debian
you have made my day
I am very greatful for this kick ass monster system...
Similar Threads
-
By mjlavall in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By prophetikos in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 01:51 AM
-
By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By alxdotnet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By clivesay in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00