You could try to adjust your X11 config with 'xvidtune'. Not sure if this
needs root privilege, but if it does then type 'sudo xvidtune' from a
command prompt.
Just burned KNOPPIX iso 3.3 and loaded it onto my Gateway G6-333C, it mostly works fine, 'cept for the display, its showing the whole desktop up about 3 inches up from the bottom of the screen. Where the bottom is 'sposed to start are some rainbow colored lines. It's frusterating because I can't see the top of the desktop to drag windows and such. I know this isn't a physical setting I can change from the monitor, because there's the groovy colors at the bottom. my graphics card is a 12mb 3dFx VooDoo card (original voodoo series I think) Can someone help me get this straightened out?
You could try to adjust your X11 config with 'xvidtune'. Not sure if this
needs root privilege, but if it does then type 'sudo xvidtune' from a
command prompt.
well I tried to xvidtune command and it says tuning is not compatible with my chip, whatever that means. Anyway, I did find a quick and dirty way to fix it by changing from text terminal back to my GUI.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55