Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Internet kiosk tutorial

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Internet kiosk tutorial

    I have customized Knoppix to set up Internet Kiosks, and I have written a tutorial about it.
    The kiosk are based on Knoppix v3.2.

    You will find the HowTo on my homepage
    http://alain.coron.free.fr

    Enjoy.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Nice Job AC. Thanks for posting.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NORTH EAST ENGLAND
    Posts
    38
    A nice and useful idea Alain. I made a web kiosk about 3 years ago.
    I used some instrtuctions I found on the net.
    Using Knoppix is a brilliant idea. Knoppix is bringing forward so many ideas and uses. I like reading tutorials that people have been kind enough to share.

    I am sure yours will be used by people. I hope they are polite enough to
    let you know.

    Thanks again, Jimmy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    To ac

    ac: I'm sorry to say that your tutorial makes no sense to a Linux newbie like me. Could you please be more explicit when referring to filenames, linenumbers, etc., and the reasons for the changes?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    Hello,

    My intended audience is not the newbies because in order to remaster knoppix, one must understand the KnoppixRemasteringHowto and be familiar with the system (Debian package system, boot process...)

    And I have no time to make it more explicit.

    Sorry.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    You can run a knoppix kiosk without remastering by using mozilla in the window maker desktop. The tricks are on this page under knoppix kiosk:
    http://www.cclug.org/wiki/Main/KioskMode

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a knoppix Web Kiosk?
    By Hunkah in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM
  2. Help! ...Remastered and kiosk
    By empress101 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 05:48 AM
  3. knoppix for kiosk, how?
    By pinoylinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
  4. Kiosk Hardware
    By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
  5. Kiosk
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Amiga Video to SCART RGB cable with detachable audio - USA Seller picture

Amiga Video to SCART RGB cable with detachable audio - USA Seller

$28.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive picture

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive

$135.00