Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Wavelean won't recognize network card

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Wavelean won't recognize network card

    I have a laptop and am just beginning to use Knoppix and I am trying to configure my network. I have a wireless network in my house. When I go to the Wavelean configuration application it tells me that the networking card cannot be found.
    What do I need to do?


    Thanks,
    Jesse Davenport

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22
    What version of Knoppix and what kernel (type "uname -a" in the terminal) do you use, and what kind of WLAN card do you have installed? All cards are not supported (yet...).

    hw

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    I am running version 3.2 of knoppix. I am using a Orinco WiFi Silver networking card by lucent technologies.
    I am not sure what by the kernel because I am just starting to use Knoppix, but if you would explain it to me that would be great.


    jdavenport

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6
    I cant get my Netgear WG511 card to work either

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1
    I, too, cannot get my Netgear WG511 wireless card to work.

    When I plug in the card, either before I boot into knoppix or after I have booted, neither of the leds come on.

    (Knoppix 3.2, Kernel: 2.4.22)

    I have searched the internet, but I can't find anyone with any answers for the WG511.


    Has anyone had any success with the WG511 card? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Similar Threads

  1. pcmcia wlan card wont recognize on boot...
    By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 07:23 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:28 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$140.00