I am attempting to use my Mandrake 9.1 box as a file server over a home lan. I have a public folder with all appropriate permissions set that is shared. I am using knoppix live-cd on my thinkpad. I am able to mount the public folder and can read from it but cannot write to it. I have been able to read/write a folder on an xp machine on the same network. I have also had the same problem with morphix. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I have read howto-s and various nfs and samba help tips on this and the morphix forums but still can't seem to get it to work. thanx in advance----

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9800-L-F-K9 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller w/ AC Adapter
$1596.60
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00