-
sshd, prng not seeded, X Login (kde)
Hi , I have knoppix 3.1 installed on HD ct CD). Last week I played around with APM to get the fan on the graphics card to wind down and set the computer in such a suspend mode that i could not reawake it. So the only option was a hard boot. (unfortunate windows habit). after that at the next reboot i had a whole lot of fsck yes, yes y y y y type of loops.
Now I an only get to the graphical X login screen, but when I try to log in nothing happens. I found out that my sshd is not working. by checking dmesg. I assume that X and kde needs sshd. When I type sshd I get the ansewer "prngd not seeded". I checked all kinds of websites (open ssl) but there are no real practical solutions. I dont want to get into hardcore cryptography (yet) to log onto my system. There is a lot of talk about entropy and random generators.
Any practical solution would be greatly appreciated! Such as apt-get install something that would work.
I am also thinking about doeing a complete reinstall, bat taht would be the last resort.
Thank you ,ro
Similar Threads
-
By cjackson0 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:42 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:42 PM
-
By Not_Public in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:34 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 04:55 PM
-
By Xam_nl in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99