-
windows install under Knoppix?
Is is possible to kick off a windows install under Knoppix?
I have a freshly formatted & partitioned drive that I'd like to setup to triple boot win2k, xp and an undecided distro of linux. I was hoping to be able to use Knoppix to start the Win2k install via wine. I set wine to run in a windowed mode and it pops up the windows menu screen from the windows2000 cd. However, when I click on the "install windows 2000" a new window shows up and terminates itself after a short bit. It is possible that I have setup wine incorrectly as I am very new to knoppix / linux.
Any solutions, insight, or suggested reading material would be most welcome.
*edit* forgot to mention that currently all three partitions are in NTFS
Similar Threads
-
By apoc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 10:15 AM
-
By Rod F. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:44 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:33 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By Zibar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 03:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel core i7-11700 CPU
$120.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95