-
Processor
When I start knoppix, it says error, only one processor detected, and doesnt' do much after that. What gives?
-
Hmm. This error means that eg. You have MotherBoard/Bios/Processor capable of being SMP.
It is not an error - just an information from kernel.
Is it showing anything else after that information?
Something like Accessing Knoppix ... at [/dev/sth]
Tell me on what machine you are trying to run Knoppix?
Try to experiment with various cheat codes <F2> on splash-screen.
-
Downloaded the newest version. Now, it gets past that part, and about a quarter of the wallpaper shows up, but it says that I don't have enough free memory to run KDE. That's impossible because I havce a gig of RAM. I'm running this on a Gateway system.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
JmanA9
Downloaded the newest version. Now, it gets past that part, and about a quarter of the wallpaper shows up, but it says that I don't have enough free memory to run KDE. That's impossible because I havce a gig of RAM. I'm running this on a Gateway system.
Boot with the cheat code knoppix mem=1024M to tell it exactly how much memory you have.
Similar Threads
-
By yshadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 05:14 AM
-
By Aelthric in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By jhweeks in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
-
By PhantomOSX in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 05:09 AM
-
By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$99.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99