-
Re: pbme scsi with lsi card
Hi,
I'm sorry to say that I have no solution so far, but what I can tell you is that: I have a DELL PC with the same scsi controller and I also get these error messages BUT nevertheless the kernel is finally able to boot. Here is a piece of my dmesg:
mptbase: Initiating ioc0 recovery
mptbase: ioc0: WARNING - IOC is in FAULT state!!!
FAULT code = 000eh
mptbase: ioc0: ERROR - Doorbell ACK timeout(40)!
mptbase: ioc0: Recovered from IOC FAULT
mptbase: Initiating ioc0 recovery
These messages occur about 4 times and then everthing just moves on as if the problem would not exist. A collegue of mine has the exact same PC (actually the PC's were ordered and shipped together so that they should definitely be the same in every detail) and he does not have this problem. We had a look at every BIOS revision of the board and the scsi controller but just everything is identical. I keep you posted as soon as I am aware of what's going on.
Wolfgang

Originally Posted by
niamor
I get an error when launching knoppix 3.2 on a dell computer with a LSI scsi card :
* mptbase : ioc0 error : DoorBell ACK Timeout *
and then knoppix don't see my hd.
I have three of these Dell computers, same problem with the 3 one's.
Modules mptbase and mptscsi are supposed to be okay with kernels > 2.4.18 , and knoppix's one is 2.4.22...
thanks for your help!
Similar Threads
-
By Phyrexia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
-
By bh11111111 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 06:43 PM
-
By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By 3133 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 03:27 PM
-
By rdasilva in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99