-
Senior Member
registered user
With the current KNOPPIX, it is close to impossible. KNOPPIX comes with the 2.4 kernel ntfs driver which has problem with cloop(I haven't tested the latest Sept one) which is what you see. I almost have it working(but I don't know why it is so). What I have tested is to instead of putting the big KNOPPIX on NTFS, I put the whole ISO image on NTFS and changed the linuxrc to do something like this :
mount /dev/hda1 /host
mount /host/knoppix.iso /knoppix_iso -o loop
insmod cloop.o file=/knoppix_iso/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
With this modification, I can get to the command prompt(everything was loading fine including the hardware detection etc.) but stuck when I startx. So there is still something wrong in the file system. Klaus has changed the cloop driver coding lately which may make the above work.
An alternative which I run before is to build my own kernel with the ntfs 2.x driver. If you download the sample miniroot.gz from the above site(which is mine too), you may notice that I have changed the linuxrc to load(and mount) my own kernel tree.
Similar Threads
-
By sunburnt in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
-
By victorhooi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
-
By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 04:33 AM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 10:16 PM
-
By marcelwalus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$106.67

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00