Sorry, but how many files you have change respect the original Knoppix v. 3.2?
If they are little you can download just this.
I have created a version of knoppix 3.2 that can boot from a laptop's firewire or usb-based cdrom. I don't want to host the iso image myself, but if someone wants to make space for it on their server, I will make it available for download.
Sorry, but how many files you have change respect the original Knoppix v. 3.2?
If they are little you can download just this.
I changed linuxrc in the boot image, added a variety of new modules to the boot image, updated the kernel to new firewire and hotplug drivers and modified the autoconfig file. Too much to post.
I would suggest submitting the changes to Klaus. That way they can be incorporated into Knoppix itself. That would also take care of your hosting problem. In any event, I think submitting the changes to Klaus would be helpful. Hopefully he will incorporate them into Knoppix.
The best way to do this would be to post it on the developers mailing list.
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/mailman/...debian-knoppix
OK, I sent my notes on the firewire/usb mods to the developers' list.
Dear lstein,
I am looking for the same thing, a way to have a boot possibility from an external usb (or firewire) hard disk.
In my case it is necessary to modify the boot disk because my laptop computer doent support usb booting.
If it is possible to you send me instructions for hao can do that, or keep me informed when your iso is avaiable somewhere and I can download it
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
I have also placed my notes and associated files on Knoppix 3.2 here: http://modperl.com/x200/knoppix/. Possibly a later version of Knoppix will be firewire/usb bootable from the start.
Hmm. That address doesn't seem to be working. Is it just down temporairly?Originally Posted by lstein
Sorry, try http://www.modperl.com/x200/knoppix/.
Dear lstein,
Thanks for your fine work. I will try it very shortly
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99