-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Halving the speed may not be enough. I suggest 4x and absolutely never use more than 8x for CDs and 4x for DVDs. Higher speed burns always have problems, but the problems are usually hidden by the error correction code. From what I've seen I don't think Linux has error correction enabled during boot, thus you need a good clean error-free burn. And personally I want that error correction code to be able to help other discs over time recover from scratches and disc rot, so I always use low speed burns. At first I didn't want to believe this, but I learned the hard way when I couldn't recover stuff that I had burn "successfully" and verified at high speed years ago, now all of my burns are at low speed. It is well worth the few extra minutes to get a burn that will boot properly, or one that has a much better chance of surviving over time.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By NetKatz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 02:38 PM
-
By RNK in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 12:37 PM
-
By pierrevn in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-12-2003, 07:34 AM
-
By Edix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 08:20 PM
-
By kipizit in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99