Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
Eadz, going to the link in your post, it suggests to add a few sites to your upfate/upgrade file, I added one, and the first apt- anything caused an error that you need to resolve something with the site, I am quite sure I added the site correctly, but had to comment the site out because it caused any apt-get to crash...

This is the entry:
# Security updates for "unstable" user inserted per SecurityHOWTO
# AptGet warnings on the below path REMOVED by user until resolved
#deb http://security.debian.org unstable/updates main contrib non-free

Cuddles
It fails for me too you should leave it commented out. You can get security updates for unstable by subscribing to the Debian Security Announce mailing list at http://lists.debian.org and you will have the announcements emailed to you there is usually not many mails it is a low volume list. Then you can check to see if the package(s) in the announcement(s)is installed on your system with apt-cache policy package_name_in_announcemnet. To upgrade the package to the new one in the announcement apt-get install package_name_in_announcemnet/unstable.