-
I have a Sager 5670
3.06GHz with ht
1GB Ram
ATI Radeon 9000 128MB
I had HyperThreading disabled in my BIOS and I was getting basically the same symptoms described by 5150 users. After reading emanuele's post, I remembered that I had HT disabled, so I enabled it and Knoppix boots easily now.
I don't know what control you have over CPU hyperthreading in your BIOS, but on my comp:
HT disabled = Knoppix won't boot
HT enabled = Knoppix boots
Note: Since I installed Windows XP with HT disabled, if I change this setting in the BIOS I would have to reinstall XP. But I am happy that I know how to get Knoppix working now.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By jdykstra in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:58 PM
-
By Trunkz in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 03:55 PM
-
By rnick in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By antskip in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 11:01 PM
-
By moustache in forum Laptops
Replies: 17
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99