-
Knoppix on C: Drive, boot from floppy
I would like to install Knoppix to my hard drive without partitioning, etc. I read that you can install the Knoppix directory on the CD to C:\knoppix, which I did, and boot from floppy making the boot floppy with the mkfloppy.bat program on the CD. I tried this, and it looked like it was starting up normally until the computer looked for the Knoppix files, which it didn't find and resulted in a kernal panic. What do I have to do? Do I have to edit a file on the floppy to tell Knoppix where to look for the files? I'm using Knoppix on a computer that runs it perfectly from CD. Thanks, as usual.
Similar Threads
-
By wex in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:15 AM
-
By hnash53 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:29 AM
-
By holyboy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
-
By ls_linux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By dboffin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60