-
init: must be run as PID 1
Running Knoppix from a boot USB stick:
My preference is not the default start mode (X) but at the plainest possible bash console.
By editing syslinux.cfg appropriately I've been able to manage this since about v.3!
For the moment in this version (v.9.1) this trick eludes me - I'll try again later.
So, I'm trying another pathway that has worked in the past.
In the root terminal in X (i.e. as root) type
$ init 1 <Enter>
and Hey Presto I am out of X, but still logged in as root, and at the plain bash console.
BUT: now the "init 1" request results in this message:
init: must be run as PID 1
and I am still in X.
So: please can anybody
(a) supply a tweaked syslinux.cfg that starts KNOPPIX in ultra-basic mode?
or (b) supply a workaround that will permit init 1 if started in X mode?
or (ideally) both??
Thank you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1685.00

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08