-
How do I set up live knoppix so that it will Hibernate?
1. I have live knoppix 7.7.1 (with persistence) on a 14.3 GB usb stick, which I
plug into a laptop.
2. My humble questions are:
a) How do I set it up so that I can use hibernate?
b) What command do I run to perform the hibernation?
c) To wake up from hibernation, do I just insert the usb stick then turn the
power on?
3. I've tried running
$ sudo pm-hibernate
but it doesn't hibernate, and after a few seconds it just returns to the
command prompt.
However I am able to use suspend successfully with
$ sudo pm-suspend
4. The following are the partitions on the usb stick:
Partition 1 is 4.4 GB, and its label is "KNOPPIX".
Partition 2 is 4.9 GB, and its label is "KNOPPIX-DATA" (persistence).
Partition 3 is 5.0 GB, and is a Swap partition created by me.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Tempest Laptop Cooler with Vacuum Fan, Rapid Cooling, Small, Black
$40.22

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99