-
init: must be run as PID 1
Running Knoppix from a boot USB stick:
My preference is not the default start mode (X) but at the plainest possible bash console.
By editing syslinux.cfg appropriately I've been able to manage this since about v.3!
For the moment in this version (v.9.1) this trick eludes me - I'll try again later.
So, I'm trying another pathway that has worked in the past.
In the root terminal in X (i.e. as root) type
$ init 1 <Enter>
and Hey Presto I am out of X, but still logged in as root, and at the plain bash console.
BUT: now the "init 1" request results in this message:
init: must be run as PID 1
and I am still in X.
So: please can anybody
(a) supply a tweaked syslinux.cfg that starts KNOPPIX in ultra-basic mode?
or (b) supply a workaround that will permit init 1 if started in X mode?
or (ideally) both??
Thank you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$450.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$157.50

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50