View Poll Results: I've used knoppix-installer with

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • no worries mate!

    6 60.00%
  • headaches to beat the band...

    1 10.00%
  • few hiccups.

    3 30.00%
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: using knopppix-installer

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    using knopppix-installer

    I tried to use knoppix-installer instead of the usual cfdisk or qtparted with knx-hdinstall combo.

    The only problem I have is the setup makes it so I don't get to make a boot disk! It only lets me put lilo in the MBR (which I will never do again...) or the root partition. So I selected the root, but then there's no option to make a boot disk (as in knx-hdinstall).

    Am I missing something here???

    TIA,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: using knopppix-installer

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Am I missing something here???

    TIA,
    You must be Fabian makes a specific reference to creating a floppy in this thread listing the changes in version 3.3 I have not used the new installer since the improvements so I can't really be of more help than this but it's there somewhere.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3

    I Was Asked...

    I think you may have missed a step; I've just done two knoppix-installer installs today. Both times I was asked if I wanted to create a boot disk and to click 'No' if I didn't. Perhaps it's something to do with how someone goes through the installer process? Granted, both tries involved a "knoppix" install vs. "debian" install; maybe that's the difference?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    I just installed last night and boy was it sweet! I couldn't believe it was that easy so I did it again to make sure I didn't miss anything... nope, not a thing.

    One thing to note though, I used qtparted first...

Similar Threads

  1. Does it have an installer
    By beforewisdom in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 07:15 PM
  2. Need help Please! Installer
    By M$lave in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 07:04 AM
  3. knx-installer
    By mstromberg in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:34 AM
  4. v.3.3 installer
    By NikNak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:44 PM
  5. Knopppix actually?
    By colin stewart in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched picture

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched

$149.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



HPE 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-2400 PC4-2400T 288-Pin ECC Registered RDIMM picture

HPE 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-2400 PC4-2400T 288-Pin ECC Registered RDIMM

$799.00



Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$155.19



16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz PC3-14900 UDIMM Non-ECC 240-Pin Memory Upgrade picture

16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz PC3-14900 UDIMM Non-ECC 240-Pin Memory Upgrade

$121.99



16GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM Upgrade Kit (2x8GB) Non-ECC Unbuffered 240-Pin UDIMM picture

16GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM Upgrade Kit (2x8GB) Non-ECC Unbuffered 240-Pin UDIMM

$75.99