Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Biostar M7VKQ (M7SUA) LAN

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Biostar M7VKQ (M7SUA) LAN

    Hi, I'm currently trying a remaster of knoppix called Overclockix, and when I try to boot from it, it detects my onboard NIC (see title for motherboard) but it doesn't want to configure it.

    I have not yet tried manually configuring it, but DHCP doesn't want to work whenever I do netcardconfig or whatever its called...

    I also tried a D-Link DFE-530TX+ and it detected it, yet it owuld not configure it either.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

    Fold and Frag on
    Brian

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I created overclockix. Just let everyone know- it is not substantially different from regular knoppix. Programs have been added and removed, it has a few extra drivers, and the look of the default desktops has been modified. Other than that, it is still v3.2 from 06-06- though much of the software was updated to the newest testing releases available in mid-August.

    I have a feeling it is the NIC module. And would suggest a known good PCI NIC- such as a realtek which is inexpensive and very common. Can you ping your router, or other sites? Have you tried using a different Cat5 cable? Made sure that the port you're using is not an uplink port, etc?


    If anyone has expeience with this board, it will help us out- no matter which version of knoppix you use.

    Also instructions for loading a module off a floppy disk or using expert mode could help. I have never done either of these things....

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    Well, I sorta took the easy way out and installed redhat which had driver support for the SiS 900 chipset..

    But after a bit of configuration, I was able to ping the router (This is while I was in overclockix).

    I am positive it was not the port, becuase that is the same one I had been using for a couple months on my rig, and am using now. But mainly its purpose was to fold, and I got it folding..but I will try to get some more info on it later...if I can get the net working on it..

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with onboard Video card m7vkq
    By buatsms in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98