-
knoppix 5.1.1 live cd stops (can't find knoppix file system)
I posted in laptops, but I'm getting no bites and hopefully someone here has some technical knowledge and can provide some help.
I'm trying to load Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD on a laptop (Toshiba S11). It works on the older S10 I have. I've tried lots options to no avail.
So I popped in Knoppix 6.2.1 live CD and it booted up, it found knoppix 6 on /dev/sr0. So I went back to 5.1.1 just after searching for firewire/usb devices it starts to look for knoppix in sda1 and a bunch of others, it moved to fast I couldn't see. Then I get the "Can't find knoppix file system" error and it stops dead at a #knoppix prompt.
If I type exit, it displays some more possible useful information "unable to mount file system." So I think it might have something to do with the controller? I've heard some SATA controllers weren't supported with older linux kernels? The kernel in knoppix 5.1.1 is version 2.6.19 if that helps. Maybe I should remaster a knoppix 5.1.1 with the same kernel in 6.2.1 and see if that works? I'm not sure, that's out of my expertise right now. The simplest way is hopefully able to find a combination setting so that it will be able to read the CD.
I though maybe setting home=/dev/sr0 would work since that's where knoppix 6.2.1 was found. Maybe I need to add something more to make it work or maybe I'm going down some rabbit hole.
Any help would be appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99