I want to install Knoppix on my computer (an Acer Travelmate 521) and I need to maintain Windows.
My hard disk is too little for both of them, so I bought Crown Accessories' TravelHDD which, connected through USB port, is seen as a second hard disk even if it is external.
If I try to boot Knoppix with this second HD connected it is impossible to "initialize devices", it takes a so long time that I was not able to finish the initialization.
If I boot Knoppix with this second HD not connected Knoppix works, but my computer "dies" if I try to open "home".
I think that in both cases it tries to connect with the second HD and it is impossible.
I discovered on a Rad Hat forum that it may be a problem with USB support.
How can I install Knoppix on my second hard disk? Is it possible? (I have A copy of Knoppix 3.1)
Thank you.
Franco Frolloni

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00
COMMODORE 1520 PRINTER PLOTTER FOR C64 64C +4 C128 TESTED & WORKING LX51 🖨️⎙
$149.99