-
Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS
Anyone interested in using the Mips version of Linux to create a PS2 knoppix CD? How hard would this be? Any steps in the right direction would be appreciated
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS

Originally Posted by
stelman
Anyone interested in using the Mips version of Linux to create a PS2 knoppix CD? How hard would this be? Any steps in the right direction would be appreciated

How does PS2 boot into the CD ? If there is a MIPS based debian distribution tree, it is possible. Things that needs to be changed are(as far as I can tell) :
1. cloop driver(and user space tools), of course it needs to be recompile as I don't think debian comes with it.
2. hardware detection, this shouldn't be needed as PS2 should have well known hardware so instead of doing the detection, just use a fixed module list.
3. What X-server to use ? This I am not sure but I assume there is such a thing.
I am interested in this too but it is not high in my list, Xbox is above it. The reason is that I got the impression that I have to add some hardware before I can use linux on PS2, is that true ? If not, I may switch the order as the form factor of PS2 is much better than XBOX.
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By linuxkid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By Vermyndax in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:05 PM
-
By Sport in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00