-
Junior Member
registered user
precompiled kernel for knoppix 3.3?
Hi there,
I found the following text in the internet:
"5. Kernel Modules
3D hardware acceleration requires a DRI kernel module that's specific to your graphics hardware.
The DRI kernel module version must exactly match your running kernel version. Since there are so many versions of the kernel, it's difficult to provide precompiled kernel modules."
As a linux newbie I don't know how to start.
Have anyone out there a precompiled kernel with drm support (I use Knoppix V3.3 09-24-03). My graphiccard is a radeon 9500.
Thanks for help!
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think this is the wrong place to ask something like that, they are busy enough 
I'm trying to compile a kernel myself, its quite difficult to get it running... But I think you should keep your current, or compile one yourself. your self-compiled kernel will be the fastest solution anyway...
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2.0 LBS Vintage Scrap Memory RAM FOR Gold Recovery PC & SERVER RAM UNSHIELDED
$110.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00

Vintage Retro Dell AT101R Mechanical PS2 Beige Keyboard
$45.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Rare IBM ThinkPad G40 Laptop Untested Parts Only
$59.95