-
boot from usb hard drive on laptop with no floppy
I have laptop with no floppy (hp omnibook 6000), with cd of course. how to install and run knoppix from external hd connected via usb? I have no cd burner, so i cannot prepare special boot cd, I have only knoppix cd..
E.g. is it possible to create boot floppy image in ram disk during dos startup?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: boot from usb hard drive on laptop with no floppy

Originally Posted by
holyboy
I have laptop with no floppy (hp omnibook 6000), with cd of course. how to install and run knoppix from external hd connected via usb? I have no cd burner, so i cannot prepare special boot cd, I have only knoppix cd..
E.g. is it possible to create boot floppy image in ram disk during dos startup?
poorman's HD install under the DOCS link.
Similar Threads
-
By db109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 04:03 AM
-
By neamcd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 05:30 PM
-
By suvio in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
-
By hnash53 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:29 AM
-
By Thefo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-11 RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory
$225.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q
$144.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00