-
How can I force one of two KNOPPIX filesystems to be detected
I have a KNOPPIX boot stick and a KNOPPIX boot laptop.
If I insert the stick into the laptop and fire the laptop up and visit Boot Order I can require the stick to be detected.
(i.e. perfectly normal KNOPPIX practice for many of us.)
However there then seems to occur a kind of "search" and although the stick was initially engaged, it is the laptop's KNOPPIX system that is detected and utilised thereafter.
Can I force the stick to be the platform that is used?
(The point of doing this is that I want to mess about with the laptop's filesystem - and so I want it to be "dead" not live while I do this.)
Thank you!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99