Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: modprobe won't load ALSA modules

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    16

    modprobe won't load ALSA modules

    I am booting from the Knoppix 2003-09-24 CD and trying to get my Crystal 4237B soundcard (integrated into an old Dell Latitude CP notebook) to work.

    I managed to figure out that I should use the ALSA driver snd-cs4236. However, modprobe keeps telling me:

    modprobe: can't locate snd-cs4236
    This occurs even though I am in the /lib/modules/extra/alsa directory when I run this command from the root shell, and I can definitely see snd-cs4236.o located in that directory.

    Any ideas? I can post more details if more are needed.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    This may be a stupid question but did you boot with knoppix alsa and check in the BIOS and turn of Plug"n"Play OS.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    This may be a stupid question but did you boot with knoppix alsa and check in the BIOS and turn of Plug"n"Play OS.
    I did boot with the knoppix alsa switch. I was aware of the BIOS Plug 'n Play option. I do not know if I have such an option - but I can certainly take a look!

    Thanks for the feedback.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frankfurt - Germany
    Posts
    14
    i dont know if this help's you....

    try to open a root shell and type: alsa_init

    this command helped me to start the audigy2

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    This may be a stupid question but did you boot with knoppix alsa and check in the BIOS and turn of Plug"n"Play OS.
    How do you turn off the plug'n play option?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145
    I think you will find an option in the BIOS 'plug and play aware OS' or something similar.

Similar Threads

  1. No USB / Can't Load Modules / Odd insmod Behavior
    By c13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 07:15 AM
  2. PCMCIA/USB modules load order at boot.
    By bigrobot in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 08:38 AM
  3. /lib/modules/extra/alsa/snd-intel8x0.o missing in 3.3
    By Edwin Glaser in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM
  4. My KDE is crawling after I activate ALSA sound card modules
    By garyng in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:53 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99