Make sure the volume is cranked up in the sound mixer.
In a terminal you could try: sndconfig
I seem to not have any sound at all. I don't know how to get my sound card configured currectly. Please help me.
Make sure the volume is cranked up in the sound mixer.
In a terminal you could try: sndconfig
my problem is that my sound card is not found on my computer. I have a Crystal 4237B but my computer doesn't find it. I need some step by step instructions to get this to work. If you can help me out please post something.
You might try the cheatcode at the boot prompt: knoppix alsa
sorry it didn't work. What can I do now?Originally Posted by L2Cache
![]()
Here's another post on the subject:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5309
Looking at this forum I have one question so far. Where is the Plug'n Play option?Originally Posted by L2Cache
If you have it, it will be in the pc BIOS.
Originally Posted by L2Cache
What if I don't have one? Is there another way?
First it would help if you posted your make and model of sound card. If it's not supported in linux at all, then disabling your support in your bios isn't going to help. Once you do that I suggest googling on the card like this: "linux card_model". That should get you some basic info as to whether or not it's supported. Once you have some basic details like this come back and post them. Then people will be much more able to help you.Originally Posted by doubled157940

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00