-
Junior Member
registered user
precompiled kernel for knoppix 3.3?
Hi there,
I found the following text in the internet:
"5. Kernel Modules
3D hardware acceleration requires a DRI kernel module that's specific to your graphics hardware.
The DRI kernel module version must exactly match your running kernel version. Since there are so many versions of the kernel, it's difficult to provide precompiled kernel modules."
As a linux newbie I don't know how to start.
Have anyone out there a precompiled kernel with drm support (I use Knoppix V3.3 09-24-03). My graphiccard is a radeon 9500.
Thanks for help!
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think this is the wrong place to ask something like that, they are busy enough 
I'm trying to compile a kernel myself, its quite difficult to get it running... But I think you should keep your current, or compile one yourself. your self-compiled kernel will be the fastest solution anyway...
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00