-
Senior Member
registered user
I've only run into a few times that I have had to use the " -t testing or -t unstable " install option, I've been playing around with and using debian for about a year or so and just discovered that here on this forum from using knoppix. I think you are correct in saying that with all three releases referenced knoppix is a "mixed bag of goodies" it must need to be that way or it wouldn't.
For example I upgraded fluxbox and to get to 1.13 (??) I had to specify -t unstable, later I found the maintainers site and used his URI in sources.list and went a step beyond sid.
The only places I've had problems is where a package exists in stable and requires KDE2 libs, etc. I use quanta for web pages and the only "official" debian quanta package is in stable, built for KDE 2 so it won't install, I have found debs of quanta 3 but I couldn't figure out the URI for sources.list so I used dpkg to install them, (WARNING in case you don't know, this can raise havock with your system, it is easy to upgrade a package to a non-functional version, std. linux liability release" If you break it you get to keep the pieces" been there, done that)
BTW, If you are looking for non-standard apt-get URI's take a look at apt-get.org there is a whole bunch of stuff there.
HTH
rock
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By patiscool in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By tsitras in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 03:10 PM
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream HT802 V2 2 FXS Port Aanalog Telephone Adapter (HT802-V2)
$68.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco CP-8821-K9 V07 Rugged Wireless IP VoIP Phone No Battery Factory Reset
$149.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95