-
NewBie: removing tetex? adding gnome / login / passwords
I would like a couple of answers and help with my knoppix remaster.
First off, tetex takes up 90mb or so and if it's not necessary I'd love to get rid of it. From what I get off the net it's like a word processor or sort. Can it be safely removed? if I need to do something else please let me know
I would love to get passwords back and have a login screen (gui)
How can it be done? Can it be done?
I would also love to get gnome 2.2+ to be able to show to people the main guis after installation of a typical linux distro.
I've read the faq here on www.knoppix.net @ http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqInstall
Anything else I need to know about getting gnome working and is there any problems I should know about and what to do about them?
Similar Threads
-
By flashfyre in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 05:55 AM
-
By zroiy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By leecming in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:48 PM
-
By LRutker in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99