Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 & kernel 2.6-test6

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 3.3 & kernel 2.6-test6

    I compiled 2.6-test6 in a Gericom SilverShadow II, and after a few tries almost everything works fine (ACPI works at last, sound, framebuffer...), but whenever I start I have to do modprobe ohci-hcd (I aded ohci-hcd to my /etc/modules, but it didnt work), and my touch screen (the laptop muse) dosent works correctly, its very hard moving it slowly and when I hit twice it dosent works like a click, it just moves. I tryed other protocols for the mouse with mouseconfig but none went fine (IM/PS2 dosent work bad at all)

    please can some body help my?

    if anyone has same laptop and wants to try the new kernel I can give my .config file

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Knoppix 3.3 & kernel 2.6-test6

    Quote Originally Posted by juan_sck
    I compiled 2.6-test6 in a Gericom SilverShadow II, and after a few tries almost everything works fine (ACPI works at last, sound, framebuffer...), but whenever I start I have to do modprobe ohci-hcd (I aded ohci-hcd to my /etc/modules, but it didnt work), and my touch screen (the laptop muse) dosent works correctly, its very hard moving it slowly and when I hit twice it dosent works like a click, it just moves. I tryed other protocols for the mouse with mouseconfig but none went fine (IM/PS2 dosent work bad at all)

    please can some body help my?

    if anyone has same laptop and wants to try the new kernel I can give my .config file
    Do you have this in /etc/fstab:

    Code:
    usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
    none /sys/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0  0

Similar Threads

  1. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel compile problem - first Knoppix kernel compile
    By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$1090.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC picture

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC

$115.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC picture

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC

$73.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99