-
PUMP Missing, what to do next?
When LAN connected, I get my IP address by issuing a pump command.
Well, pump is no longer there. I'm not sure what happened to it.
root@Probot:# pump -i eth0
-su: pump: command not found
Should I download pump and reinstall it?
Should I install a deb package or a tar file?
Never done a deb package by hand, what is the best way to install?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi JockVSJock,
Which KNOPPIX and what instalation are you using?
To find pump type:
which pump
It should return:
/sbin/pump
Try to enter the full path,
/sbin/pump
Still not there?
Perhaps ifconfig will help.
Hope this helps until someone who really knows come along.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
Senior Member
registered user
the other option is
dhclient
-

Originally Posted by
paradocs
Perhaps ifconfig will help.
Hope this helps until someone who really knows come along.
paradocs
ifconfig gives you the status of your connection, I can't eve get a connection.
Nice try...
-

Originally Posted by
eadz
the other option is
dhclient
No dhclient either, whereis fails to find it.
What should I do next?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings JockVSJock,
What version and what instalation of KNOPPIX are you using?
How does it work if you boot form the CD?
What kind of a internet connection -- fixed address?
If which pump does not return anything then some
system files must be gone. Reinstalling may get you
going the fastest -- providid all had been working well before.
Then the trick is -- just not do again what you did just before
it stopped working.
I set my fixed internet with ifconfig
sudo ifconfig eth0 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. net mask 225.225.224.0
sudo route add default gw XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
the I edit /etc/reslov.conf and have one line
nameserver XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Of course you need real numbes for the XXX bits
For DHCP have you tried?
sudo netcardconfig
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
I used the following command, which worked:
dhcpd eth0
This got me a connection.
I really don't understand dhcpd and why my pump disappeared. Any more info would be awesome!
thanks
-
I spent ages on this and found two very usefull commands, netcardconfig and wlcardconfig. These will set up everything you need for both LAN cards and Wireless Lan cards.
Similar Threads
-
By dobell in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:52 AM
-
By qman_txun in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By dimkal in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 09:04 PM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99