lsmod gives you a list of loaded modules(mostly hardware drivers). That is all you need to repeat on any other distro.Originally Posted by dokzeus
I've used many different Linux distros and i think that Knoppix has the best hardware detection and configuration hands down. I've tried the knx-hdinstall several times, but have never been satisifed with the results (i like to run a very stripped down Linux). Plus, I'd like to try some of the more exotic Linux distros but i hate all the guesswork involved with the hardware.
My question is, is there any way (like a script) to save all of the hardware settings in a report for future reference? I'd be satisfied with just some hints of what files to save.
Thanks!
lsmod gives you a list of loaded modules(mostly hardware drivers). That is all you need to repeat on any other distro.Originally Posted by dokzeus

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00