-
Save hardware settings to a file for use with other distros?
I've used many different Linux distros and i think that Knoppix has the best hardware detection and configuration hands down. I've tried the knx-hdinstall several times, but have never been satisifed with the results (i like to run a very stripped down Linux). Plus, I'd like to try some of the more exotic Linux distros but i hate all the guesswork involved with the hardware.
My question is, is there any way (like a script) to save all of the hardware settings in a report for future reference? I'd be satisfied with just some hints of what files to save.
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Save hardware settings to a file for use with other dist

Originally Posted by
dokzeus
I've used many different Linux distros and i think that Knoppix has the best hardware detection and configuration hands down. I've tried the knx-hdinstall several times, but have never been satisifed with the results (i like to run a very stripped down Linux). Plus, I'd like to try some of the more exotic Linux distros but i hate all the guesswork involved with the hardware.
My question is, is there any way (like a script) to save all of the hardware settings in a report for future reference? I'd be satisfied with just some hints of what files to save.
Thanks!
lsmod gives you a list of loaded modules(mostly hardware drivers). That is all you need to repeat on any other distro.
Similar Threads
-
By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:56 AM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99